zaterdag 28 september 2013
So it is fall! (or Autumn as the british say) and I have been super busy with school and something else which I will keep a secret for now.
right now the sun is shining and I'm drinking a cup of hot cocoa, the perfect time to tell you all about the reasons why you should love Autumn
1. sweather weather!
2. It isn't winter... yet
3. hot cocoa
7. personally, I believe fall is the best fashion season
9. you are allowed to wear socks
12. red hair looks awesome in autumn
13. hiking in the forest is fun
14. terracotta powder
15. cuddling on the couch
16. it gets dark early so you can hang lights in the garden which will look awesome
17. the colour red
20. cold enough to layer, warm enough to still wear skirts
23. apple cider
24. harvest moon
25. Ed sheeran, Ron Pope and other awesome autumny singers
zondag 25 augustus 2013
vrijdag 23 augustus 2013
so today I want to talk about books, (guess the title and picture already gave that one away)
Personally I love reading, and summer break is my time to catch up with the books (during school I don't have time to read that much and sometimes I have to forbid myself to read since I get lost in a book within seconds)
But I've been reading a lot lately and I just felt like sharing my latest best reads with you guys.
( These books are just in random order since I can not pick one that is the best)
the perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
So before the movie , there actually was a book. and I'm not going to lie to you guys I've seen the movie before I red the book but it was still one of the best books I've ever read, I liked how the things happening in the book where pretty simple (there were no demons or crazy killing wizards without noses and stuff) but it was really down to earth yet so interesting to read. I recommend it to anyone, even to those who don't like reading.
City of bones by Cassandra Clare
I've got no clue how I started out reading this but once I started I didn't know how to stop, I actually red this book and the second book in this series my first week in italy, and it was a miracle since I also maintained a social life with my fellow camping people and did tons of other stuff
anyways, the books is really good, the dialogues are so hilarious! and it made me randomly burst into laughter quite a few times, it also makes me think way too much, the movie is almost out and I CAN NOT WAIT! if you have not red this book, I can see this is going to be the next big thing (think twilight big) so go pick it up and read this awesome book!
This is a really old book, Definitly not the young adult stuff I am used to reading. but it is about a group of.... youngish people so it's easier to read than reading about people who are old. it contains a lot of antidotes and other cool stuff and it really makes you think, and I like books that make me think
The selection by Kiera cass
So I started out reading this book becouse of the pretty cover, thinking... okay the selection. let me give you a try. and then a couple of seconds later.... the selection was finished! I swear this book is the shortest book I've ever read in my life... and it is looks decent size it actually has 272 pages, but this book is so well written you finish it in no time. the story is great, I can best describe it as a more girly and romantic less evil version of the hunger games.
If you like girly stories this is definitly something you must read
So this is another book that not that many people have red, the main character in this book is a girl who is crazy. and as a reader you start to live with the main character and personally I found myself getting a little crazy after a while.
It's a really cool book and it is not so huge, so you will finish it in a couple of days. this also really made me think.
Wither by Lauren destafano
another YA book, this book started out really interesting and it kept shocking me throughout the entire book, but there were also some really boring parts in it but after all the story was really cool, Sometimes I wonder how crazy lauren destafano must be to think about this creepy stuff.
Okay so there you have my best reads, for those of you who wonder why there is no Hunger games, Twilight or Harry potter in here, I wanted to show you some books that most of you have not red and if you haven't red twilight or the hunger games... you must have been living under a stone for the past couple of years. as for Harry Potter, Everyone has red Harry freekin Potter!
with that having said I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Polandbananabooks, She really has inspired me to read more books and her videos are just so entertaining and funny. It really helps to know that there is someone out there who is more crazy about books than me!
Thank you all for reading my blog, feel free to comment and please share this via post twitter, facebook, skype, tumblr, instagram, path, talking, whatsapp, calling, texts, or any other communication system you can come up with. it would mean the world to me!
donderdag 22 augustus 2013
I am really sorry I have not posted in a long while! I've just not had the motivation and I did not feel like blogging.
But now I do so let's get to it!
Today I want to write a little about were I find My inspiration, since I've been really busy with finding inspiration lately.
So I am one of those people who says that inspiration is everywhere, but in some places I can find more inspiration than others
So to get started I will give you my top 7 Inspirational website's, this is where I get most of my fashion, living and food inspiration
1. Etsy, this site is filled with cute handmade or vintage art, clothing and what more, the best place to find inspiration and buy cute one of a kind stuff
2. Weheartit The more creative version of instagram, less selfies and more high quality inspiration pics.
3. Anthropologie also happens to be my favourite clothing brand. super unique pieces and really cute and smart living ideas.
4. Teen vogue, really handy for teenagers. here you can find beauty, fashion and lifestyle inspiration and tips.
5. Lookbook is where everyone who is anyone in the fashion blogging world posts his/her looks. a great place to find inspiration or try to post some looks yourself
6. Flow is the website of a dutch magazine with all sorts of creative ideas, for my readers who can't read dutch: no worries, most of the articles are in english anyway and pictures don't have a particular language.
Besides those websites there are other ways to find inspiration
I find most of my fashion inspiration trough:
- Tv series; Pretty Little liars is my number one fashion series, (I like Spencers style the most) but I also get inspiration from series like: Gossip girl, the vampire diaries, The carry diaries, hellcats... pretty much everey CW series.
- Teen vogue, Vogue, Vogue UK, Vogue NL, Elle, and every other high fashion magazine you can come up with
- Catalogues of fashion brands, mostly expensive warehouses give out magazines
- websites of brands I like, most of them have a lookbook, like: Abercrombie, Anthropologie, Sam friday, Hollister, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger
- website's with vintage clothing
- On the street, I usually go sit in a bench next to the street in amsterdam and just peoplewatch :)
Other inspiration like inspiration for art and my room I find in:
- Books, this may sound strange but most books set a mood. this mood I can use in a moodboard and turn it into a great inspiration
- second hand and artsy website's
- Travel magazine's
- living magazine's
- walking trough the Ikea (if you are a european you will know what i mean)
- houses of friends and family
- houses of the kids I'm babysitting, or of my neighbours
- flow, a dutch magazine
zaterdag 6 juli 2013
long time no see I know :$ but I was so busy with tests from school and when school had finally ended about a week ago I was overthrown with BBQ's, Parties and movies with friends who all wanted to celebrate.... well something. But anyway I'm back!! for about 3 days, then I'm off to Italy!!! YAY! can't wait! I'm going to try to update regularly and maybe make a vlog (but I'm not shure, vlogging isn't one of my strongest suits)
|I don't like tents|
So on Tuesday I will get on a plain to Milan, from there me and my family will rent a car and drive to the beautiful garde lake and the little old town caled Torbone (or Torbole or something like that) where my Camping advendure will begin. Now I've been Camping for ever since I can remember and when I got to an age where looks started to matter to me, I've found out that camping and looking good don't really go togheter. But for all of you who are stuck in a tent for the summer days and still want to look pretty presentable I've got some tips I've gathered over the years
1. If you have light coloured lashes like me, dye them. you won't have to wear mascara and will still have visible lashes! Plus, dyed lashes are of course waterproof and therefore stay on all day and night. however if you have dark lashes, dying your lashes will be completely useless since dying will only make them darker and not full or long or curled
|Eyelash dye starter kit (local grocery store)|
2. Dry shampoo! please bring it! we all know how gross those little camping showers can be and how fast your hairs suddenly becomes fat while on vacation. Dry shampoo is the solution! It will not only make your hair appear cleaner but will also give it a good smell and lots of volume.
3. Even tough I love summer dresses, don't forget to pack a pair of shorts. They can come in pretty handy if you decide to do round-off back handsprings on the grass
4. SHOES SHOES SHOES! pack as many of them as you can carry! I usually bring:
- a pair of leather (abercrombie) flip flops or sandals
- a pair of rubber flip flops for beaches and swimming
- a pair of converse all stars
- a pair of solid sneakers or hiking shoes
- a pair of sledge heels (for city's and parties)
And I usually wear all of them a lot
|BB cream (Clinique)|
6. BB cream, thank you god for the invention of BB cream! it is so
amazing! and for those camping days it is definitely what you will need, a light coverage, SPF and it wont sweat off like foundation sometimes does
7. Just go with it, after a few days of camping pretty much everyone will be like, screw this! I'm just going to walk around looking like absolute crap. if your hair is messy, make it more messy and call it beachy waves. try to go with your natural beauty as much as you can and it will all be alright
well, those are just some tips i've got for you! please leave a comment with where you are going this summer and what your best camping beauty tip is!
I hope to see you soon!
P.S thank god for the great save system blogger has, while I was inserting my pictures my internet suddenly decided to shut down but luckily my post wasn't lost!
donderdag 20 juni 2013
dinsdag 18 juni 2013
So about a week ago I went to the city of romance, chanel and art (also known as paris) with my school. And it was amazing.
I'm going to tell you a little bit about my trip (just some quick highlights, otherwise this post will be over a billion words.) I hope you enjoy!
So the first day we had to get on the bus in Amsterdam, and after a really long trip with lots of laughing, eating and annoying our bus driver and people who were trying to sleep with a giant stuffed giraffe (I know I can be so random sometimes) we were finally there. Our hotel hotel Luxia (wich as the name may suggest otherwise is anything from expensive and luxurious, however for 32,50 we got a nice and reasonably clean hotel which wasn't completely falling apart yet) anyway, Our hotel was set in the neighbourhood called Montmartre. which is right beneath the sacre coeur. Montmartre is best comparable with Amsterdam west or Brooklyn. after dropping our suitcases we got on the bus again for a quick tour trough Paris's highlights, we got out at the Louvre which looked amazing with the sun all shining on it. and walked trough the park called Tuileries trough the Champs Elysees, where we (or, not me just the lucky people who were a little taller then 5 foot) saw Brad Pitt. So after grabbing a bite at the Champs Elysees we took some pictiures of the Arc the triomph (with a gorges sunset) and we got back to Momartre to see the moulin rouge. (If you have seen the movie you should really see the moulin rouge it is really cool)
donderdag 9 mei 2013
Hi everyone! I'm back!
so today I want to tell you guys about the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition I went to yesterday.
It was a lot so I am doing this in more parts, each part wil cover one room of the exhibtion.
the Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier is now in the netherlands so I was super exited to go to it! and it was an amazing exhibition. there were a lot of pieces given to the exhibition from people like Madonna and Dita von teese
So the first room was called Odyssey, and well the name says it: it was mostly marine themed. there where a lot of beautifull mermaid dresses and detailded sailor suits. (and ofcourse the tipical jean paul stripe)
So this is the first dress I saw when I walked in. It has been designed for madonna as a part of Jean Paul's collection of virgins.
I just love the way he combined the lace with the metal plates and I think it kind of has this midieval look.
This is another dress he designed for madonna, However it has been worn by Marion Cotillard. I'm not a big fan of the front of the dress (wich is why I only shot photo's from the side) the neck is a little too much for my taste. but I do really like the sparkly glitters and the heart
So the next dress is almost like a bridal gown. At first it seemed a little boring. not really the shoking style whe were used to see from Jean Paul Gaultier.
But after taking some closer looks you can see all the little images on the bodice.
I think this dress has an amazing classic shape but it is not really renewing
My god! I reallly really really wish I had this dress!
This dress is made mostly of jersy. and to be honest I absolutely hate jersy! defenitly dresses always look so cheap if they are made of jersy and most of the time it isn't really flattering either.
But I have to give it to jean paul, the bleeding heart is absolutly amazing!
and I could not imagine it made with anything else than jersy.
Last (but definitly not least) this pretty mother of pearl bag. It just seems to have hopped out of titanic or (one of my favourite farytales) the little mermaid.
ghod it is just so pretty!!!
well those are all my opinions. I really hope you can visit the show! please watch if it will be in your country and go! that's all I can say
I've told you what I think about these dresses. I really would like to hear your opinion too.
wich one is your personal favourite?
vrijdag 19 april 2013
Hello dear bloggers,
I have a really sad message. A few hours ago I opened my laptop to post, but instead of the usual "welcome, please type your password" screen, all I got were orange and white stripes! I tried everything to make it come back to life, I called everyone I knew from the helpservice to some computernerds I know (no offence, I really like them) but nothing worked! And the worst part is that my laptop contained over a month of posts, looks and pictures! All gone now! :'(
I will try to find a solution for blogging, I can try to blog from my phone or maybe use my dad's Ipad. But all I know is that all my documents will be gone for good!
I am really sorry!
And becouse I'm an ethernal optimist, here are some happy pictures from my phone!
I love you all! I hope I can get back to blogging very soon!
donderdag 18 april 2013
This look is great for spring, becouse it has cute flowery details and I combined it with a sweater so It will keep you warm. the little collars is really cute and makes it more girly!
So, I think this look pretty much says it all, I don't really have anything more to say :)
What is you're favourite spring outfit? please leave a comment!
and don't forget to share :) I love you all!
dinsdag 16 april 2013
Today I had to do a lot for school. but Luckely I had some time to make a look for you.
For this look I was inspired by matching really badass and edgy things with some really cute and girly things. I like to do this to give my look a little balance. This look is great for everyday.